Are you someone with accounting and/or finance education and work experience? Are you looking for an opportunity to make an impact in the vegan movement? We’re looking for a new member to join our Audit and Finance Committee.
As a member of the Audit and Finance Committee, you will work as part of a team to:
- Review draft monthly financial statements prepared by VegTO’s accountant prior to their release to the Board of Directors
- Reconcile monthly variances to budget/forecast and relative to the prior year
- Prepare rolling 12-month cash flow forecasts
- Prepare the annual budget
- Review the audited financial statements prior to their release to the Board of Directors
- Other finance/accounting-related projects as they arise
The Audit and Finance Committee typically meets every 1-2 months for approximately two hours and committee members occasionally take on projects to complete in between meetings.
Qualification and expectations:
We’re looking for someone who is familiar with financial statements, accounting principles, cash flow forecasting and budgeting. Ideal candidates will be willing and have the capacity to roll up their sleeves and contribute actively to decision-making while working as part of a cohesive team.
All volunteers on VegTO committees must be VegTO members (you can join when you begin volunteering if you are not yet a member).
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and cover letter if you are interested.